Jávea Town Hall is located in Church Square of the town, directly opposite the side entrance of the Church of St. Bartholomew. The building was originally the Ermita de San Cristobal (XVII century) built on an ancient Christian necropolis, the fossar of the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. This same enclave has had several uses throughout its history, as Ermita de San Cristobal, as a public school and even 1890 as a chapel of the Virgin of the Helpless.
On the ground floor is the tourist office, where you can see the glass floor under which the ancient tombs of Xàbia are. On the back were the porxens with five arches, which made up an open market in which the market was held. The only thing left open connects the Plaza de la Iglesia and Plaza de Abajo (Baix). City Hall facade is neoclassical.
Since the democratic elections the municipality has had five mayors.
- 1979-1983: Enrique Bas Espinós (PSPV-PSOE)
- 1983-1987: Enrique Bas Espinós (PSPV-PSOE)
- 1987-1991: Enrique Bas Espinós (PSPV-PSOE)
- 1991-1995: Juan Bautista Moragues Pons (PP)
- 1995-1999: Juan Bautista Moragues Pons (PP)
- 1999-2003: Julian Edward Monfort Bolufer (CDS-UC) and Jaime Sapena Gual (PP)
- 2003-2007: Juan Bautista Moragues Pons (PP) and Eduardo Julian Bolufer Monfort (Bloc)
- 2007-2011: Julian Edward Monfort Bolufer (Valencian Nationalist Bloc)
- 2011-: José Chulvi Spanish (PSPV-PSOE)
Currently governs the Socialist mayor José Chulvi which has support from Xàbia Jávea Democràtica and citizens.
Councilors in this term
- Oscar Antón Izquierdo: Councilor of Finance, Contracting and Relationship with Residents
- Antonio Miragall Espasa: Councilman Heritage and Tourism
- Juan Luís Cardona Salvador: Councilor for Economic Development, Agriculture and Fisheries and Sports
- Cesc Camprubí Martell: Councilman Organization, Internal-New Technologies and Citizen Participation Scheme
- Pere Sapena Segarra: Town Planning
- Francisco Torres Marí: Councilman Works and Water Cycle
- Juan Ortolá Bas: Councilman Activities, Safety and Civil Protection and Festivals
- Doris Courcelles Blanche Albertine: Councilman Services and Environment
- Maria Teresa Bisquert Vendrell: Youth Councilor, Health, the Elderly, Social Services and Public transportation
- empar Bolufer Castelló: Councilor for Education and Culture
Schedules and telephone numbers Town Hall of Javea
The main building of the Town Hall of Javea, where he is mayor, is the one that is located in the Plaza de la Iglesia, 4. In the same vein it is also the department Secretariat, Procurement, Property and Personal. The economic area (Intervention Treasury Collection, Rendas), is located on the main street 15. Area Environment and Services and Registrar General, Statistics and population are located at Avenida Amanecer, 2. The department works and infrastructure projects city is located in Carrer d'Avall, 39. All necessary information is well detailed on the website of the City of Jávea www.ajxabia.com. The opening hours are Monday to Friday from 09: 00 14 to: 00 h. and the phone is the 965790500.
Since the City Council website is accessed the virtual office of the municipality where you can perform various procedures on line. There is also access to windows where you get interest as public jobs.
The population census
To register as a resident instead must appear in person with relevant documentation on the Office of Citizen Services located at Avenida Amanecer 2, located just minutes from the Old Town.
Information about catrastral
If you are looking for information on the land it is best to go to the point of Cadastral Information (PIC) from City Hall. The counter is installed on the ground floor of City Hall Economic Area, on Main Street, 15. There you can ask questions related to immovable property tax (IBI)
Jávea is a tourist town of Valencia which is located on the north coast of the province of Alicante, in the Marina Alta region. The municipality is also known as Xàbia, its name in Valencian, the official language. According to INE data in 2012 32.983 its population was inhabitants, of whom more than half were foreign residents.