Jávea Town Hall is located in Church Square of the town, directly opposite the side entrance of the Church of St. Bartholomew. The building was originally the Ermita de San Cristobal (XVII century) built on an ancient Christian necropolis, the fossar of the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. This same enclave has had several uses throughout its history, as Ermita de San Cristobal, as a public school and even 1890 as a chapel of the Virgin of the Helpless.
On the ground floor is the tourist office, where you can see the glass floor under which the ancient tombs of Xàbia are. On the back were the porxens with five arches, which made up an open market in which the market was held. The only thing left open connects the Plaza de la Iglesia and Plaza de Abajo (Baix). City Hall facade is neoclassical.
Since the democratic elections the municipality has had five mayors.
- 1979-1983: Enrique Bas Espinós (PSPV-PSOE)
- 1983-1987: Enrique Bas Espinós (PSPV-PSOE)
- 1987-1991: Enrique Bas Espinós (PSPV-PSOE)
- 1991-1995: Juan Bautista Moragues Pons (PP)
- 1995-1999: Juan Bautista Moragues Pons (PP)
- 1999-2003: Julian Edward Monfort Bolufer (CDS-UC) and Jaime Sapena Gual (PP)
- 2003-2007: Juan Bautista Moragues Pons (PP) and Eduardo Julian Bolufer Monfort (Bloc)
- 2007-2011: Julian Edward Monfort Bolufer (Valencian Nationalist Bloc)
- 2011-: José Chulvi Spanish (PSPV-PSOE)
Currently governs the Socialist mayor José Chulvi in majority, with 11 councilors in the government team.
Councilors in this term
- Isabel Bolufer: Urbanism and Urban Scene, Integral Water Cycle
- Quico Moragues: Culture
- Rita Berruti: Social Services, Health and urban core of Arenal.
- Ximo Segarra: Finance and Contracting, New Technologies and Historical Center.
- Kika Mata: Services, Works, Beaches, Environment and Residents.
- Alberto Tur: Sports and Thiviers neighborhood.
- Montse Villaverde: Education, Equality, Childhood and Youth, Participation and Freginal neighborhood.
- Toni Miragall: Tourism, Festivities and Heritage.
- Marta Bañuls: Development, Market, Agriculture, Fishing and the Duanes neighborhood.
- Pepa Gisbert: Citizen Security, Sustainable Mobility, Human Resources and Urbanizations.
Schedules and telephone numbers Town Hall of Javea
The main building of the Town Hall of Javea, where he is mayor, is the one that is located in the Plaza de la Iglesia, 4. In the same vein it is also the department Secretariat, Procurement, Property and Personal. The economic area (Intervention Treasury Collection, Rendas), is located on the main street 15. Area Environment and Services and Registrar General, Statistics and population are located at Avenida Amanecer, 2. The department works and infrastructure projects city is located in Carrer d'Avall, 39. All necessary information is well detailed on the website of the City of Jávea www.ajxabia.com. The opening hours are Monday to Friday from 09: 00 14 to: 00 h. and the phone is the 965790500.
Since the City Council website is accessed the virtual office of the municipality where you can perform various procedures on line. There is also access to windows where you get interest as public jobs.
The population census
To register as a resident instead must appear in person with relevant documentation on the Office of Citizen Services located at Avenida Amanecer 2, located just minutes from the Old Town.
Information about catrastral
If you are looking for information on the land it is best to go to the point of Cadastral Information (PIC) from City Hall. The counter is installed on the ground floor of City Hall Economic Area, on Main Street, 15. There you can ask questions related to immovable property tax (IBI)
Jávea is a tourist town of Valencia which is located on the north coast of the province of Alicante, in the Marina Alta region. The municipality is also known as Xàbia, its name in Valencian, the official language. According to INE data in 2012 32.983 its population was inhabitants, of whom more than half were foreign residents.