Historical milestone of the Artistic Musical Center of Xàbia that has been chosen to participate in the International Music Band Contest Ciudad de Valencia in the second section, the next 19 in July at the Palau de la Música. "The most traditional competition in Spain and one of the most important at the international level, in the section that the Xàbia band participates, also participates a band from Portugal and four Spanish bands", explained the president of the Xàbia Band, Manolo Berenguer.
The band of the Center Artístic Musical will participate with 80 musicians and from the center they will put all the possible means so that the partners and supporters can accompany them to Valencia.
For his part, the director of the CAM, Carles Samblancat, pointed out about the repertoire that there is a work proposed by the contest "That the six participating bands will have to play. A work composed in the 2013, by an Argentine composer, Eva Irene Lopszyc, which is called Brigantia de los Vientos. For our part, we have chosen the pasodoble Goya and as a work of free choice, Angels in the Architecture of the North American composer, Frank Tichelli ".
Samblancat stressed that the free work and the proposal, "Despite not knowing if we participated in the contest, we started working after Christmas. About the obligatory work we are waiting for the scores, but there is time
enough to prepare it. "
The Band of Xàbia will perform in the José Iturbi hall of the Palau de la Música that has a capacity for 1.800 people. The prizes for the second section, in which Xàbia participates, are from 4.000, 2.000 and 1.500 euros.
Participating bands in the International City of Valencia Contest
- Societat Unión Musical de Alberic (Valencia)
- Societa Musical Lira Castellonera de Castelló de la Ribera (Valencia)
- Guest band out of competition. Primitive of Lliria (Valencia).
- Koninkluk Harmonieorkest Vooruit Harelbeke (Holland)
- Santa Cecilia Musical Union of Villar del Arzobispo (Valencia)
- Societat Musical La Paz of San Joan (Alacant)
- Band Uniao Musical Paranense (Portugal)
- Cultural Music Band of Teo (La Coruña)
- Agrupación La Candelaria (Tenerife)
- Manuel de Falla Foundation (Toledo)
- Unió Musical Alqueriense (Castellón)
- Artistic Musical Center of Xàbia (Alacant)
- Symphonic Band of Paipa (Colombia).
- Band of Music of Pozohondo (Albacete).
- Morata de Tajuña Music Band (Madrid).
- AMC Music Band of Puertollano (Ciudad Real).
- Unió Musical de Algimia (Valencia).
- Unió Musical Historical Center of Valencia