15 September 2021 - 15: 29
The start of the modernization works of the Club Nautico de Javea will be imminent. This is what the president of the Club Nautico de Javea, Arturo Miquel, during his visit to the facilities together with the regional secretary of Public Works, María Pérez Herrero, the general director of Ports, Airports and Coasts, María Luisa Martínez and the Mayor of Xàbia, José Chulvi.
The works to be carried out are those related to the extension of the Nautical Club concession, which make up the nautical club with what is a town. The granting of the extension of the concession, for 10 years, obliged the concessionaire to carry out urbanization, building and port works. In this way, Arturo Miquel has highlighted that among the improvements to be carried out is the remodeling, change and expansion of several pontoons and the change of the electrical system to LED technology.
On the other hand, to integrate the Nautical Club within the same port, the building of almost 300 m2 that houses the current Sailing School will collapse and it will move to the southern area of the Club, making it accessible and facilitating the expansion of the public thoroughfare. The president of the Nautical Club has clarified that the new remodeling aims to enhance the environment so that new open areas and a 6-meter wide pedestrian walkway are contemplated.
Likewise, the investment that the Nautical Club will make to improve the facilities is 2.591.988,36 euros. The regional secretary of Public Works, María Pérez, pointed out that the Club Náutico de Jávea is the first club in a port of the Generalitat to obtain the renewal of the concession.
The port has 406 sports moorings whose exploitation has been developed under a public concession by the Club Náutico de Jávea since 1981. The marina has a land area of 6.851 square meters and a water surface of 28.663 square meters.
Detail of the port and maritime works
The project that will be carried out shortly and that the works are expected to last six months includes the following actions:
- Construction of a new 287,55 m2 building for the sailing school in order to increase the permeability of the facilities and organize the sports area, which includes a 44 m2 warehouse for the shipyard and a port docking ramp.
- Creation of open spaces and a 6 meter wide pedestrian walkway in the sailing area.
- Replacement of floating dock number 5, with a total length of 142 meters with turrets for the supply of electricity and water, fire fighting systems, rescue elements and vertical ladders, cleats, etc.
- Installation of dock cleaning means, allowing the capture of waste including microplastics.
- Renovation of the electrical installation network, installation of a general panel and five secondary panels ringed with the supply network and renewal of electrical wiring and turrets of pontoons 1 to 4.
- Installation of 250 solar panels on the roofs of the club on an area of 740 m2 on its terraces.
- Installation of LED lamps to replace halogen projectors in the different rooms of the club.
- Installation of an urban electric vehicle charging station.
- Expansion and improvement of the current fire protection system.
- Expansion and improvement of the control and surveillance center, eliminating dark areas.
- Conditioning of the pumping installation.